Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Window Seat & Picture

At our house we have a bay window which has basically become Izzy's sitting spot to watch outside and bark at anybody that walks out front of our house. I've really wanted to do something with that area to bring in a little more color, and prevent her from scratching the wood.

Probably a year ago my mom suggested putting a little window seat in there and cover it with fabric...finally, after a year, i did it! With the assistance of my mom of course. We went to Hobby Lobby and found some AMAZING fabric that i fell in love with. Then i bought some foam (1" thick). However, I have no sewing machine and didn't feel like hand sewing this thing by hand...so i found some fabric tape and decided to give it a shot for the time being...after talking to my sister in law Whitney, i probably should have bought fabric glue spray, but we'll see how long this tape lasts. i may be buying the spray in the future!

After we got done with the window seat, i had leftover fabric. I've redone the colors in my living room as well. I used to have brown/red/ivory and decided i wanted to get rid of most of the red so i've been accenting in oranges, blues and browns. However, i had this big picture in my living room with red in it. My mom came up with the idea that we should just put the fabric in there and use that as the new picture! it looks pretty cool now! Here's what i did below!


The Fabric that we found.


I traced the width/length i needed for the window and cut it out of foam.

The fabric tape that i hope continues to work!

here's the before...


and the after! i love the print!


here was the leftover used for the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment