Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Homemade Bridal Shower Invites

My cousin Whitney is getting married in August so my cousins, bridesmaids and I are throwing her a shower! I just made them the other night and had a lot of fun with them!

I went to Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite stores, to get the paper i needed.Whitney has greens, yellows and browns for her wedding, so i bought numerous different green paper prints. Then i bought some card stock in different shades of brown. Finally I found some ribbon that would go with all the colors of the paper, so i figured i could figure out something to do with them!

I cut out the green paper to the size i wanted, as well as the brown paper to fit on top of the green. I typed out the invite wording and thought instead of cutting them out in straight lines, i'd do the "tearing" method. Makes it look neat and not so neat and tidy.
I used glue dots to glue them to each other. Then on the top, i punched two holes and decided to tie a bow from the ribbon i had bought.

Finally, for each of our showers, we always do a recipe exchange where people invited bring the bride their favorite recipe for her to have which is wonderful!! It all started with my shower 4 years ago...my aunts came up with the idea and we've been doing it since :) I found a cute saying on the internet (I cheated!!) and stuck it to the back of the recipe card.

After i stuck it all together, i thought it was missing a little something. I got a Cricut machine for Christmas, so I decided to cut out letter "B's" since Whit's new last name is Brown and stick them to the invites.

That was it! The only time consuming part was cutting the card stock, but it wasn't too bad at all. They're out in the mail and it's something to officially cross off the list :)

Here are the different green patterns i found for the background.

the colors don't look great on here, but they were dark brown, medium brown and light brown to stick the wording to.

The B's I cut out from my Cricut.

The invite wording

The ribbon

The wording for the recipe cards

The recipe cards i found for free online :)


Finished product! I think they turned out pretty cute :)


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Glad to see these photos. We had DIY wedding recently at barn themed wedding venues Chicago. We made each and every invitation card on our own. The centrepieces and aisle decoration bouquets were also handmade.

    ReplyDelete