Wednesday, April 25, 2012

27 Weeks...Cauliflower

Finally into my third trimester!! WOO HOO!! The first trimester dragged on...and on...and on....but, the second trimester FLEW BY! my logic is because in the first you don't tell anyone, and you're impatiently waiting for that 20 week appointment to see the baby, and for some people, to find out the gender. However, once that 20 week appointment is over, you can start registering, getting the baby room ready etc. and you suddenly get pretty busy planning for it and getting things ready that days just fly by!
I'm hoping this third trimester goes just as fast so we can meet this little one! We have 3 baby showers, 1 bridal shower, a confirmation and a graduation in the next two months so our weekends are SUPER busy which will probably help speed things up! :)

So far this second trimester...i've noticed the following things:
 - I started off feeling GREAT! However, the last few weeks i've been getting tired more easily
 - Falling asleep early doesn't happen as often because from 9:30 - about 11:00 the baby apparently has aerobics and takes that time every night to flop around my belly...keeping me awake.
 - I can now feel hiccups, which cause my WHOLE belly to jump/move
 - Instead of just feeling a kick or jab here and there, we can actually feel body parts moving across my belly..and sit here wondering if the hard spot we feel is the butt or head :)
 - Meat no longer makes me nauseous, although i'd still prefer to eat veggies or fruit for dinner over a big meal with meat, luckily Pete's been forcing more meat into my diet lately!
 - Cereal is my favorite "night time" snack...frosted flakes, mini wheats, and cheerios for the most part.
 - My nails seem to be growing faster finally :)
 - If i'm on my feet for a long time my heels start to hurt more than anything
 - My belly button is officially 3/4 of the way OUT which is kind of funny...at least for Pete.
 - When Izzy lays next to me and my belly, and the baby is kicking, she can actually feel it! The other night she kept looking at my belly every time s/he moved and finally got up and moved lol.
 - The other day Izzy was laying by me and heard a car door and barked and the second she barked the baby jumped at the same time, so the baby can obviously hear!
 - Not knowing the sex of the baby is SO exciting!! everyone has their opinions and it's fun to hear them...plus, it's been fun for us to have a boys name and girls name picked out :) I think it's making the time go by faster since we have that to look forward to at the end! Plus, how many surprises in life do we get anymore? :)
 - My brothers both apparently are surprised i have 3 months to go and will continually get bigger lol.
 - Sleeping through the night is getting more and more difficult as I have to pee every hour...plus, you're not supposed to sleep on your back, so whenever Pete wakes up and sees me on my back he wakes me up and tells me to roll over lol.
 - Pete is starting to be more helpful which is nice...he doesn't let me lift things anymore..he even offers to carry the laundry downstairs so i don't have to. AND he offered to help me iron the other night. Jaw. On. Floor.

Anyway, I can't complain about anything to be honest. I didn't have morning sickness, no huge food adversions, no "bad" cravings (yet)...hopefully things continue to go well. Only thing i'm slightly worried about is swelling. Being due the end of July it will get hot and i dont want puffy feet/ankles etc. I hear sometimes it forces you to go on bed rest which would suck.Fingers crossed it doesn't happen :)
My next appt is May 1st :)



27 Weeks - Cauliflower! Can you tell this was taken in the morning...i look pretty tired :)


1 comment: