Monday, November 5, 2012

Moving....Blah!

Well, the Hahm's are moving! I feel weird saying "again" since the last time we moved was 2009, but before then, was quite a few times. Let's see, college, then to Marshall MN which was pure torture on my behalf. How people can live in a city where the closest "big" city is Sioux Falls South Dakota blows my mind because it was 1 1/2 hours away! That drive was awful. I'm getting away from my point of moving lol...

College, Marshall MN, back to Jefferson, then to Sheboygan in a duplex for 1 month until we got an upper duplex where we lived for 1 year, and then to the house we've been in since 2009. We're pretty good at packing. I've taught Pete it's better to LABEL the boxes before moving so we actually know what's IN the boxes when we unpack. The first move we made random things were thrown in random boxes and yes, we finally got around to throwing a bunch of junk away back in June when i was "Nesting" before Sawyer was born. Pete has a bad habit of holding on to things that he could fix and reuse. It would be a great idea if he were a fix-it kind of guy. He's not which is fine becuase he's a very hard worker otherwise, but no Pete, we're not keeping a frame that the glass broke in so you can buy more glass to put in the frame. We're throwing it away. Sorry honey :)

This past weekend we went through the basement. Threw out so much in the basement it felt great. Then we got to the spare bedroom upstairs. We have frames, photo albums, DVDs and CDs. Pete wanted to throw away my old college CD's. I wouldn't let him lol. Not sure when i'm going to listen to the "Nasco Cool Mix" or "Spring Break Weird Mix" or "Roommates 2005 Crazy Mix" but some day i may be in a weird mood and want to listen to them!

We managed to combine all our college papers/reports/books/notebooks into one bin. Not sure why we are keeping that either, but you never know. I also have a huge bin full of wedding stuff, as in our bulletins, invitations, RSVP cards, wedding cards. Not sure what i'm going to do with that, but maybe if I have a daughter she may be interested in looking at that someday :)

So my last day at Kohler is 11/26. We're packing that whole next week and moving our whole house to Jefferson, which luckily is only 2 hours away. However, we're storing things in my mom's basement and then the things we need will go with us to Kyle's house. I'm pretty excited that he's opened up his house to us. He's had a rough year and having us, especially Sawyer, living with him through the winter while he's laid off, and through the holidays will really help him out and keep his spririts up. I've only been warned not to be too "motherly" toward him and i've warned him that if he comes back late at night from the bar, and wakes myself or Sawyer, he's going to hear an earful from me and that he's been warned! Luckily we're sleeping upstairs and have a bathroom up there. He'll be downstairs with his own bathroom so when he does come home, he won't wake us, or better not :)

I got out of moving to the house we're in now. I jsut started working at Kohler and Pete had the month of July off so he moved us by himself basically. Poor guy. He said i'm not getting out of this move. I may need to see if our mother in law can come up that week for a few days so we can actually pack without Sawyer being in the way, or he'll have to go to the sitter. Otherwise, Kyle may be laid off for the winter by then and can help.

I'm kind of sad about leaving Sheboygan...I'll miss the lake, Urbane, some of the fun restaurants and some of the people. But in the end...family outweighs everything and being closer to Pete's parents and my parents will be more beneficial in the end. Being too crammed on the weekends when we come home has been stressful. Everyone wants to see Sawyer and no matter what we do, nobody gets as much time as they want with him. Now at least we can go to his parents for the night for supper if we want, or to my mom's or dad's etc. which will be fun :) And no more long traveling in the crappy winter weather! Yay!! :)

OK, i'm done blabbing :) Sawyer has his 4 month appointment on 11/19. FOUR MONTHS ALREADY! Where does the time go? He's the cutest thing right now. In church yesterday, he laughed...basically half the service until he fell asleep. He was laughign at nothing either but it was the best sound to listen to :) he just melts my heart more and more every day! Quite the blessing, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment