Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby Shower #2 - Jen's Side May 19th

This past Saturday I had my second baby shower! My aunts, Jayne, Tammy & Lisa threw it for me at Aunt Tammy's house. They had a brunch theme and the food was DELICIOUS!! Stuffed French toast, an egg bake, baby "bumps", a fruit carriage, kringle and a delicious cake!
When i first got to the shower, my brother Kyle showed up. He has been working on a gift for the baby, a homemade dresser/changing table. He covered my eyes and when he got me in front of the dresser, I was shocked at how beautiful it was! the details he put into it were amazing!! I had watery eyes from that, and then he goes and opened the top dresser drawer where he had put a Bible Passage in it.

"Jeremiah 29:11. 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future"
Then the waterworks started. I started sobbing so Kyle gave me a hug. Then he got teared up. Weird thing was, i hadn't even said hi to anybody at the shower yet before all this happened lol. so i finally turned and said hi to everyone with a watery face :) Well worth it though!

We played the baby food game, but luckily didn't have to taste it. We just had to guess 10 of them based off of what we saw. Much easier than tasting :) Not to brag, but i won with 6 out of 10. My mom and Caitlin came in second with 5 out of 10 so i let them win haha. Which worked out nicely since the gifts were wine and mine would OBVIOUSLY have to sit for months :) Mom and Caitlin will probably put a nice dent in the wine on their own.
After that we ate and then opened gifts! It was a GORGEOUS day outside!!! Although I was definitely starting to sweat. I'm slowly dreading being 9 months pregnant the end of July! Pete's starting to learn that i'm hotter than normal too. He turns the air off in the car and i turn it on and point it at me lol.

When the shower was over, I picked up Pete and we went back to Sheboygan that night. I don't think i've ever been so antsy to start putting the room together before! I was mostly anxious since i have the dresser now so i can put things in the right spots. It's coming along really nice though! That's all i can think about working on now is the baby room. Pete just says i'm nesting. Apparently i was rearranging the piles on the floor i had already arranged without noticing so Pete stopped me from doing it a third time :) Next up...figure out what to put on the walls, end table and lamp :)

A few pictures below from the shower!
Me Crying after seeing the dresser :)

amazing!

:)

The inscription inside.

Cute Fruit buggy Aunt Jayne made


Diaper Cake! :)


With my cousins

With my moms

Aunt Marge and Aunt Sally

with Grandma and pete's mom

With my aunts, aka Shower Throwers :)

the "hooter hider" Caitlin's mom made me. It's reversible!!

FINALLY got a stuffed giraffe for the room :)

Blanket Aunt Marge made the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment