Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wonderful Weekend with Little ones!

Well, this is my very first post! I figured when i decide to start, it better be about something good! What better than enjoyable time spent with little ones??
Pete and I ended up having a fun filled weekend with some little ones.  Friday we babysat for 4 kids ages 3 - 12. While we thought we were in over our heads, it turns out we actually handled it pretty well, I also got to brush up on my Mario Brothers on Nintendo Wii while Pete ended up being the bottom of a big monkey pile.
Saturday, we had a house full of people to celebrate the wonderful Brat Days in Sheboygan....A.K.A. people watching days. We were so excited to hear that Dave and Karee were going to come up and bring the kids! A friend of ours has a bouncy house which ended up being a lifesaver. Not to mention, I July I bought  a kiddy pool, thinking our dog Izzy would take up swimming.....not so much since my dog would apparenlty rather drown than try to swim and save herself. Therefore, we used it for the kids this weekend and Pete brought out the sprinkler too. A few other friends brought their kids, Brady and Colton, and the kids had a BLAST! It was fun watching Haydn and Bennett go running through the sprinkler and then make a mad dash for the bouncy house.



While Dave and Karee took the kids to Brat Days for a bit, they left Hudson with us for a few hours to babysit. He is such a content little guy, I can only hope we're blessed with a baby as content as he is someday! Not only was he good for us, but Izzy loved him and was good with him too. She almost acted as a guard dog...Hudson was laying on the floor and Izzy laid by his side the whole time. She let Hudson grab her, pull her hair and take a few occassional wacks. Izzy looked up with me with her huge eyes a few times....and I picked her up, but the second i put her down, she ran right back to Hudson and laid back down next to him....it was too cute!

All in all, a great weekend hanging out with the little ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment