Friday, August 12, 2011

Our little puppy Izzy

I think it’s time I give a shout out to my dogJ
When Pete and I moved to Sheboygan I really wanted a dog, so he told me to start looking. I really wanted a puggle so I came across an Ad from Madison from a lady selling a puggle. She said the dog was up to date on shots, spayed and a Puggle for $100. She was working on getting the vet papers and would give them to me when I went to pick her up. 9-12-09...my mom and I headed to Madison while Pete was at an away football game. We met this lady in a parking lot and out hopped a little 13 pound dog and started jumping on me trying to give me kisses. I looked at the lady expecting a 25 pound dog but apparently this is what I was getting! I didn’t have the heart to say no so I picked up the dog and asked the lady for her vet papers which she responded....”I haven’t gotten a hold of the vet, I’ll mail them to you” OK, whatever, I paid her my $100 and went on my merry way. I renamed the dog right away. Her name was Baby (yep, worst pet name ever) so I renamed her to Izzy which is a perfect name for the little spit fire!



We stopped at all my aunts/uncles houses to show her off and she was such a good girl. I got her back to Sheboygan and all she wanted to do was follow me everywhere and lay on my lap. Pete got home that night, opened the door, saw Izzy sitting there and his first words were “What the hell is that thing?” I told him she was Izzy and she’s not going anywhere.


Two weeks after we had her...Pete came home and Izzy jumped on his leg and out dropped a drip of blood on his white sock....yep, Izzy was in heat which is funny since she was supposed to be spayed! We tried to contact the lady via phone, email etc. and she would NOT call us back. I finally left her a nice message letting her know what an awful human being she was for lying to us...so Pete went out and bought her doggy diapers, they even have a hole for a tail, so she wore those for a few weeks until we had a vet appointment made. We took Izzy in, got her all her shots, spayed, micro chipped, nails clipped etc. so almost $300 later, our dog was good. However, we couldn’t get her to stop peeing. Called the vet, she said to collect a urine sample and bring that in to check for a UTI...let me tell you. Nothing was funnier than watching my 6’4’’ husband walk a 13 pound dog with a tupperware container, trying to fit it under her as she squated down to pee...i was crying from laughing so hard. We took the sample in, and nope, no UTI, she just likes to pee. She was at 2 homes before us, each giving her up because they had to move...so she was never housebroken as a puppy.


Izzy is now almost 4 years old, housebroken and such a great dog. She gets made fun of for her big eyes and underbite but it gives her character! She’s definitely MY dog as she only listens to me....but Pete babies her big time. I see him tuck her in under her blanket before we leave to go anywhere (she loves to sleep UNDER covers) and I see him occassionally carrying her like a little baby. All in all, while some make fun of her for being "muskie bait" and saying they could "punt her", she does what she is supposed to do, loves us to bits and pieces, follows us everywhere, camps with us, travel with us, plays and snuggles on the couch with us!
Here are a few pictures of Izzy over the last few years!


She always sits with her paws crossed!
 


My mom found her a life jacket to wear in water since she can't swim...she'd rather drown than try to move her back paws!



she LOVES sitting on the boat and loves to go fishing!


This is her favorite spot to lay, the back of the couch.


Yep, that's a diaper on her when she was in heat...poor thing!


She came ice fishing with us but was freezing and sat wrapped up in a blanket.


She loves to go exploring with Gretchen in the backyard finding random things.


Keeping Grandpa company while he was sleeping up north


I yelled at her one day and she ran from me and hid under the bed, i was laughing too hard at her to yell anymore.


Pete walking her by the lakefront! How cute do they look together haha, don't worry, we'll get you a big dog some day Pete :)


This is how she travels, she sleeps on my lap in the car in a blanket.


we got her little booties to wear in the winter :) her ankles were too small for them to stay on though.


She's definitely my dog....she LOVED the whip cream she got at Starbucks!


She was a mounted moose for Halloween....if she could talk i'm sure she would have yelled at me for this!



She loves the Pack :)


No comments:

Post a Comment