Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Things I LOVE about Fall

Fall is here....and like most seasons, i love the BEGINNING of each season, fall is the exception and i love the whole season. Unlike when Winter comes. Yes, the first snowfall is awesome, and so pretty, but along with that comes slush, and salt staining my boots and being dragged onto my floors, drivers who forgot how to drive in the snow, SHOVELING...Ugh, i hate shoveling and finally, freezing cold weather.

I love that football season is finally here. Not just NFL but College and High School football! i love going to games and watching them, even when Pete and i randomly go to Sheboygan North or Sheboygan South H.S. games where we don't know anyone playing, but it's still exciting! Saturdays start with some college football at 11, then off to Pete's games at 1, and back home for more football that night. It normally brings out the competitive side of us, we each pick a team (never the same team, of course!) and become increasingly obnoxious to each other while we hope "our team" wins. Then of course, Sunday arrives...Packers :) Enough said!

I love being able to wear my boots again....i have missed them over the course of summer! I love being able to wear my fall hats and scarves as well. Izzy LOVES taking walks and it's so nice taking walks in the fall when the leaves are falling and changing colors...Mostly, i have to admit, staying in at night, wrapped up in a sweatshirt and blanket are the best. I love the nights where it's just chilly enough to need a blanket and snuggling with my husband, and of course, Izzy, on the couch.

Let's not forget  Black Friday comes People!! This past year entailed getting 30 min of sleep, then going to Old Navy with my mom, meeting at my aunts house at 2:45am? Heading to Madison with: Mom, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Jayne, Grandma, Tayler and Whitney. Weaving into and out of traffic, making Tayler car sick, jumping into and out of grandmas van while we shopped, me having to drive the whole time "Jen, stop, go back, turn around, make a U-turn, let's check out this store, turn right quick, wait....i want to go back", and...my favorite...my aunts telling each other "don't poke the bear" aka me...however, after driving around aimlessly for 6 hours, i finally snapped and yelled "THE BEAR HAS BEEN POKED"  enter... Starbucks and then Red Lobster! :)

Along with fall come a few little ones birthdays! Haydn, Bennett, Gretchen and Hudson are all from October - December! Lots of birthdays!! it's fun to get together with family and celebrate them! I'm shocked that Haydn will be 7, Bennett 5, Gretchen 3 and Hudson 1! Where does the time go?!

This past Friday, i was babysitting Gretchen for a little bit and we were having a fun little photo op...when it dawned on me that i was doing this with her almost 3 years ago. SO i sound my old pictures and was shocked at how this little one has grown up so fast!! Enjoy the pics!!

baby G and I!


Getting bigger, and yes, i bought her that tie dye shirt from Joe's Crab Shack:)

i have successfully made her a Packer fan...or maybe just a cute little girl that wears whatever Jen buys her!
  
She now understands how to make funny faces :)



too funny!


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment